The Preston pit closed in about 1943, but Clifton had other brickmaking interest. In 1952 they took over Hoffman brickworks, and in 1965 acquired a controlling interest in the Oakleigh Brick Company Pty Ltd although the individual brick stamps continued to be used on their bricks. Subsequent mergers saw Clifton and Nubrick form the Austral Brick Company.
|1950s with prominent frog screw|
|1970s barred frog|